Wednesday, January 9, 2013

NOTD: Revlon "Cloud"


Just a quick little 'nothing' sort of post for you all today. 
You know: another day another polish.



This one, however, is one that I was VERY excited about trying; for all too long now I have been hearing rave reviews and love for Maybelline's Ceramic Blue nail polish... but where the heck do people find it!??!?
I looked through shelves upon shelves of Maybelline products in multiple different stores (Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid... I'm not kidding [I wish I was]...) but alas, Ceramic Blue remained an elusive myth to me.

Thankfully I was FINALLY able to find a polish that looked similar (at least from what I've seen in pictures) to Maybelline's periwinkle-sky colored polish so I took it home with me immediately. And I must say, I'm so very tickled with how this looks on.



If anything I was way more excited about picking up Revlon's Cloud rather than Maybelline's Ceramic Blue because a.) I have a deep love for Revlon nail products, and b.) I've never tried a polish of Maybelline's before. 

Cloud lives up to every expectation I had; It dried within a couple minutes (like the Top Speed line is known to do, at least for me), only took two smooth coats for full color opacity, and the color is just lovely. 
I'm not sure what makes it so nice to look at on the nails... whether it's the creamy pastel, the calming sky blue, or the charming periwinkle undertone, Cloud really is a little drugstore stunner.


Have you tried Revlon's Cloud (or Maybelline's Ceramic Blue, for that matter)?
Love it, hate it?
Would you wear this color on your nails?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

18 comments:

  1. This is a stunning shade! I love it. It looks so unique and soft and pretty :) gonna have to keep my eye out for this in future, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty, I have it too.. it makes me feel ultra cozy :)

    x

    holaflo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thisolishis a gorgeous colour, I really want to get it!

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're very good at this, I usually spend half an hour cleaning the edges of my nails and still not good! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous colour! It kind of reminds me of Zoya's Megan colour, but this being blue whereas the Megan is more of a very light purple pastel colour. Might be just because I was looking at the two polishes today :D

    Wish I could make my nails look so neat when I put on my polish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn, I had this in my hand at CVS last week and ended up putting it back because I felt like it was going to be too sheer. Two coats only?! For shame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SUCH a beautiful color! I saw this post earlier today and went on a mini Walgreen's hunt for it, but alas, had no luck. I'll just have to keep looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a lovely, fresh colour! I love it :)

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren: Thank you so much!! And yes, keep your eyes peeled... it's a little stunner :)

    Hola Flo Blog: Ahh yes cozy is a great way of describing this!! Glad you like it too :)

    Kimberley: Pick it up if you see it in stores, for sure!

    Marina Blissious: Haha oh no!! I wish I had a secret trick or something to share with you but all I do is dip a Q-tip into some nail polish remover and then rub it around my nail while the polish is still a little wet... I'm sure you'll master the art of nail cleaning soon! :D

    Maria: I actually know which polish you're talking about and yes, I completely see where you're coming from!! And I'm definitely not neat when putting on my polish, just very good at cleaning up haha ;p

    Lynette Marie: Oh no!! Yes, this was only two coats of polish... the first coat goes on a bit sheer (which scared me) but the second coat made it completely opaque. Shoot, definitely grab it again though if you see it!! :(

    Coco: Thanks!

    Victoria: Oh no, shame it wasn't there!! Definitely keep looking though because, as you said, it's a beautiful color! :)

    HeartsAndCrosses: Thank you, I do too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty color! I haven't had the luck of finding the mythical Ceramic Blue either!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty soft powder blue color!

    www.rougefox.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colour! Looks similar to the Essie polishes x

    http://lucyandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy: I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one who hasn't spotted the mythical Ceramic Blue just yet!! Definitely give this one a go if you want an alternative :)

    Analisa: Thank you, I really love it! :)

    Lucy: Yes, essie does make a lot of pastels so I can see where you're coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow the colour is amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...