Saturday, September 14, 2013

September '13 Birchbox!


This month's Birchbox was full of "punch me, I'm dreaming" moments... emphasis on the punch rather than the pinch
I mean seriously, look at this stuff!! It had me feeling like the Ketchum gang (who am I kidding, I'd be hanging out with Jessie and James) when they landed on the Island Of The Giant Pokemon (to any 90's kids out there [or anyone else who has good taste] you're welcome for the link to 21 minutes of pure nostalgic goodness).

If you're in the mood to gush over gigantic beauty samples with me then take the jump below... I can't imagine you'll be disappointed.



Sorry for the cruddy card photos above... I'm not sure what it was about the card that made the background look so yellow this time around. Does it even matter though? Does anyone even read the card (I personally do, but so many people on YouTube seem to just throw the poor thing right into the garbage)?

Anywho.


The first thing I noticed in my Birchbox was this amika "Bombshell Blowout Spray" (though the card calls it the "Blow Up Spray"... not sure if that's a typo or what), mainly because of its super colorful label but also because of its monstrously sized packaging. Two fluid ounces??? My internal tears, they won't stop.
Anything that promises protection, volume, and shine for my hair is an absolute must-try for me. The name "Blowout" suggests that this is best used before (during?) a blow dry session, but the card description gives me hope that it will work sans blow dryer since... well... I don't own one. Is that weird? Probably. Do I care? About as much as I enjoy a subbed toe (which, by the way, is not at all)! d=(´▽`)=b



Ooooooh if only you could have heard the noises I made when I saw this sitting in my Birchbox... actually, it's probably better that you didn't (you wouldn't be able to erase them).
To be honest, my track record with Caudalie only yields a 50% success rate. Granted, I've only tried two products from the brand but still; one product proved to be a miracle worker (the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum is my HG dark spot treatment) while the other was something I had to force myself to use and finish (the Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum, for me, was nothing more than a runny nuisance rather than the supremely hydrating moisturizer that so many claim it to be). Either way, I'm happy to try anything with the Caudalie name on it because... well, that's the power of branding folks.


If you've been reading my blog for even a small window of time, you probably know that I'm a mascara fanatic. I love trying out different mascaras, even if they turn out to be absolute poo. Some people get a thrill out of testing different foundations but no way nuh uh not me sir. There's just something about mascaras that gets me going (don't get too excited) and, considering mally is brand I've always been interested in trying, I'm really pleased to have this in my makeup stash to test out!



Even more than mascaras, it's embarrassingly obvious from my (usually) biweekly NOTD posts that I am unhealthily obsessed with nail polish. IT'S A PROBLEM AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT but I love it so it's okay. Reasoning = solid.
I've not heard of the Ruffian brand before and, while I'm not absolutely thrilled with the color I received ("Hedge Fund") I'm always up for trying new nail polishes. "Hedge Fund" immediately reminded me of my butterLONDON "Wallis" polish so you never know; I may actually love the golden moss color once it's on!!


I don't know if it was a complete coincidence that I received this foot masque or if Birchbox watched my last Best & Worst of Beauty video where I talked about how much I hated my current foot cream, figured out my last name, then put two and two together that I'm a customer of theirs and decided to send me a foot treatment (I doubt — nope, wait, actually I know — that the latter is so far from the truth that each one of you should be able to reach through your computer screen and slap me but... well, I am an artist and my creativity can be alarming[ly creepy] sometimes). Regardless, I'm happy they did because my heels are in some serious need of a lot-a-bit of TLC right about now. 

It feels weird to say, but that's all you guys!! I feel like I should be able to put an emphasis on the 'all' part of that though because this month's box, at least for me, was full of SO. MUCH. STUFF. That in itself should tell you how happy I am but, if you didn't catch on to that, I'm thrilled
As always, you'll be hearing about these products individually as I start to try them out this month!

Are you subscribed to Birchbox?
What did you get in your box this month?
Not subscribed?
What do you wish you could have received? 
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

6 comments:

  1. thats a very nice post dear
    thats a cool review!
    best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. That blow up spray. I think I need one. And i love your nails Cassie! So cute. <3

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah it sounds great, huh Kathy? :) And thank you so much, you're always so sweet to me <3

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...