Sunday, March 16, 2014

Maybelline the Rocket Volum'Express Mascara: Swatches + Review!


I feel like I've been a blogging fool as of late, yet when I look at all of my albums ready to go on iPhoto I can't help but realize how behind I am. Not that any of you are hanging on my every word for guidance or anything (hahah) but I just feel it's good to get these reviews done when all of the feels are fresh in my brain (or on my face, I suppose). Silly rambly nothings aside though, I really did feel it was time for me to update you on my overall thoughts of the Maybelline "the Rocket" mascara!


I've been testing this mascara for nearly a month now and let me tell you: it's been quite the roller coaster ride. When I first tried it out I was slightly underwhelmed; I thought it looked great on my lashes but, by the end of the day, they ended up sagging like I know my boobs will in 10 years. Maybelline's "the Rocket" mascara has an extremely wet formula which causes a bit of clumping during application and a weight that dryer mascaras never seem to have. My lashes are left looking fairly straight at the end of the day and just not the perky buggers I know them to naturally be. 
I have noticed, however, that this mascara is definitely one that gets better with time. Granted this development has only been apparent to me during the past few days but that explains why my opinion didn't reflect it in my Best & Worst of Beauty video last month. You all know I'm honest with you though so I can't leave this discovery out! As it dries up (and runs out) it becomes much more weightless on the lashes, doesn't cause drooping, and in general is just much nicer to work with.


Regardless of how well Maybelline's "the Rocket" mascara works in the long run though, I just can't imagine purchasing it again or recommending it to anyone. You shouldn't have to go through weeks of torment just for happiness at the end, something which easily could have been provided with a different drugstore mascara (I ended up falling in love with CoverGirl's "Clump Crusher") from the very start.
It would also be terrible of me not to mention that this mascara is an absolute BUGGER to get off of your lashes at the end of the day! Seriously it is such a pain in the butt to get off, even with the help of my beloved Pond's Cold Cream. I've tried oils, wipes, and other creams as well and none of them have been able to get "the Rocket" off with ease (if at all). The horrible ordeal I know I'll have to go through at the end of the night often prevents me putting this mascara on in the morning… basically ruining the fun and beauty that is all things cosmetics. 

Have you tried Maybelline's the Rocket Volum'Express mascara?
Love it? Hate it?
What mascara are you currently using?
Do share!

xoxo - Cassie

12 comments:

  1. I've been totally in love with it for a couple of months but didn't repurchase it (for no apparent reason). Thinking back it did make my lashes droop at the very end of the day but it wasn't that noticeable. I've moved on to the Smashbox Full Exposure which is my new obsession :) xx

    beautyvisions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that you like that mascara!! I never hear anything about it but now I'll have to check it out :)

      Delete
  2. I've loved many maybelline mascaras I've tried, especially thevolum express and the falsies, I always use an oil based make up remover and have never had trouble removing the waterproof formulas from them before. This looks really really good on your lashes! So plush and full, I haven't tried this one yet but that's because I'm hoping for the waterproof formula to come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got mine in the waterproof formula… not sure why you can't find it? Either way that's too bad, especially if you love these mascaras :( Oils and whatnot don't help me but I'm suffering through it haha!

      Delete
  3. I do like this mascara, but I agree .. it's a pain in the butt to remove, so I don't use the mascara often. So you're right .. it does ruin the fun of wearing cosmetics that are too much work to remove.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really is stupid in the long run :( Shame you experienced that with this mascara too!

      Delete
  4. I'm loving Jordana Extreme Lash Volumizing mascara. I didn't have to "break it in" and it isn't a pain to remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation, I'll definitely have to check that one out! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm trying out a wet, impossible to work with mascara at the moment, so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGHHHHHHH it's seriously the worst; sorry you're going through the pain as well ;__;

      Delete
  6. you lashes look amazing such a shame that drops them at the end of the day :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I know, I love the way this mascara makes my lashes look as well but it's just so painful to remove at the end of the day and isn't worth it in my book :(

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...