Sunday, March 30, 2014

NOTD: O.P.I. "The Thrill of Brazil" + ZOYA "Chloe"


Ahhh~ what better way to take a break from writing a paper and figuring out my schedule for next semester than by reminiscing over last week's manicure? I suppose it would be better if it were raining softly 
outsioh wait, it is. Well I guess it would be near perfect if Galileo was snoozing sweetly in my laoh my, looks like that's already a thing too. Dare I say this moment would be perfect if I had leftover Dominos pizza in the fridOH LAWD, AND I HAVE BEER.

Shucks, it looks like this afternoon just went from bad to best. Cheers!




All of the credit for my nails this past week have to go to my girl Stephanie; she didn't specifically tell me to do this manicure but a combination of this post (I can't believe it was over a month ago now… feels like I just read it yesterday!) and the inclusion of ZOYA's "Chloe" in a big box of goodies she so kindly sent to me birthed this beaut of a nail combo. 

Even though spring has technically sprung it sure doesn't feel like it outside, so I decided to take matters into my own hands (mother nature clearly has her green thumb busy elsewhere on planet Earth) and have my nails radiating their own heat. I mean, how freaking fiery does this nail polish combination look!? Each time I catch a glimpse of my nails I can't help but get visions of laying out on a dock after a dip in the lake, water droplets evaporating slowly with the musty summer heat in the lazy afternoon air… alright, I'm going to make myself cry if I keep that up. 
Back to the polishes: O.P.I.'s "The Thrill of Brazil" is that quintessential maraschino cherry red that every girl should have in their polish arsenal. It's bright, not too warm and not too cool, and oh-so-easy in terms of application and wear. The thing that takes it to a whole new level though is the addition of a coat of ZOYA's "Chloe" over top. It's a sheer coral base infused with opalescent flecks, the majority of which reflect only red/orange/yellow but there are the odd few green/blue reflectors in there as well. What a freaking spectacle in the gloom-and-doom-end-of-the-semester-madness-laced-with-a-never-ending-winter we seem to be stuck in at the moment!





I just can't with these two polishes, they're just so pretty!!! Not to mention they held up together extremely well; I've had this manicure on for the past 7 (maybe 8?) days, two of which were filled with retail work (anyone who has worked retail knows how surprisingly tough that is on the nails), and it's hardly got any signs of wear on it apart from nail growth. Winner winner chicken dinner (though I suppose I'll be having pizza tonight… mmm)!
Big thanks to Stephanie once again for the ZOYA polish (I'm glad to give it a loving new home!) as well as for being a wonderful person in general. Stop by her blog, tell her Galileo and I say 'hi', and heck you should probably follow her for nail polish goodness while you're there ;)

Have you tried either of these polishes before?
What nail colors make you crave spring/summer?
What's currently on your nails?
Do share!

xoxo - Cassie

20 comments:

  1. It snowed here all day yesterday and today so I'm wishing I could recreate that spectacular mani to fool myself into thinking it's less miserable...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Meg I'm sorry to hear that!! Hopefully the weather has gotten a little brighter where you are <3

      Delete
  2. So pretty!! I just love that color combination
    I kinda/sorta copied you when I saw this; I put Nicole by OPI Roughles Nail Lacquer in "On What Grounds" (kind of a mix between Robin's Egg Blue and Mint Green, textured - got it in my March ipsy bag) and topped it with Revlon's "The Magic Top Coat" in 801 "The True Gold" that I purchased on clearance at Target after Christmas.
    And that is probably waaaaay more than you wanted to know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay I'm so glad you liked the manicure that much Meloria!! Sounds like you made a lovely manicure yourself <3

      Delete
  3. WAAHHHHH CHLOE! SO PRETTY! Sorry to hear about your end of semester madness...I feel your pain. It's almost done, a few more days and it's all over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous??? And yes, this semester can't end soon enough =__=; I've still got a month left haha.

      Delete
  4. I really like this combo. So pretty with the flecks of sparkliness. You're description of the lake/dock, oh wow, it took me right back to MN/WI. Pure Summer time loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie I'm glad you liked this combination! And ughhhh I know, right? Bliss!!

      Delete
  5. Flaky top coats!!! <3 My weakness. My nails are currently bare. BORING! Gotta paint them later on today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of my (many) weaknesses too Coco!! I hope you treated yourself to a manicure :)

      Delete
  6. OH SNAP THAT ZOYA POLISH IS TOO PRETTY! The semester is killing me too, so I'll admit that I've kinda given up...instead of doing you know, work, I've been blogging and playing with those fish on your side bar

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous?? And haha well I'm sure my sidebar fish appreciate the food and attention… ;)

      Delete
  7. nail colour is gorgeous and i have literally just come on your blog and died at your header, the cat is so cute and I'm such a massive fan of cats considering I have 3, ahhaha so cuteeeeeeee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Cheyenne I'm glad you like my blog header… Galileo represents me well haha.

      Delete
  8. Love those two polishes together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nails Cassie! I was wondering if you could check out my blog http://aimfurstrange.blogspot.com If it's not too much trouble could you also give me some feedback? Haha I'm trying my best not to be pushy, but I would really appreciate criticism from someone I admire like you! Thanks chica !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and absolutely!! Once I get some actual time where I can have a proper look around I'll be sure to do so :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely nails dear :) Nice post.
    Happy weekend :)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...