Friday, March 15, 2013

Confessions Of A Blogger: TAG!


Random confession that nobody asked about: one of my favorite things to do is grab sushi from my favorite shop on my way home from a half class day and then write a blog post while devouring a tray of maki (that fills me up through bedtime... mmmmm).

I honestly have no idea why I'm awake right now...
so what better time than the present to fill in a TAG that the lovely Jess (of The Mod Mermaid) tagged me to do ages ago??

I always think it's fun to read through questionnaires/tags because I like getting to know the person behind the blog a little better; hopefully you feel the same and find this at least a little interesting to scroll through (my apologies if I'm a boring fool)!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***When did you start your blog?***
Just this last summer (June 3, 2012 to be creepily exact)!

***Have you had any past online presence before (Other blog, YouTube)?***
Nope!! I was pretty much just a silent reader on blogger and the typical YouTube enthusiast (read: couch potato).

***Why did you start a blog?***
I think it was a combination of things; last summer was a time when a lot of my friends were moving away to start real life grownup things (grad school, jobs, etc.) and also the time when I started to REALLY get into makeup. I had always thought about starting a YouTube channel but never had the guts to do it and figured blogger would be a great spring board to start out my online life (why does that sound creepier than I intend it to?). 
Essentially: I wanted a way to interact with others who shared my interests and feel like I wasn't a complete and total shut in by starting a new hobby.

***When did you become serious about starting a blog?***
I was serious from the start!! I wanted to make sure that my blog was something that I could look back on and not be completely embarrassed about. Plus I was always a little nervous that someone in my real life would find my blog/YouTube channel and wanted to make sure it looked like something I was good at haha.

***What was your first post?***
Well, it was SUPER and even titled "The Dreaded First Post!!" Basically it was just me getting the hang of blog writing (aka remembering that I should probably be a little more interesting than the abstracts I was used to writing for organic chemistry labs) and taking blog pictures (aka figuring out my 'angles' and the right balance of joy and disinterest in my facial expressions).

***What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?***
Getting over the numbers; I didn't get my first follower until a month and a half into blogging and it left me feeling discouraged and down when I would go to write a post. I loved what I was doing and the things I was writing/blogging about so it was hard to feel like my passion wasn't worth noticing (if that makes sense). Thankfully I kept up with it despite the numbers because I now have the most wonderful readers and have become friends with some extremely lovely people :)

***Where do you see your blog in one year?***
Basically the same as it is now except improved. Nothing drastic, I just feel like I'm constantly growing and getting new ideas from research and reading other people's blogs so hopefully that reflects in my work here on ThriftThick!

***What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?***
I know everyone says this, but definitely the comments that people leave. I read and appreciate (and respond!) to every single comment I receive but it's really those special comments where you can tell the person actually took the time to write something personal and sweet that really touches my heart. All of the encouragement and feedback I get here on my blog, YouTube, and personal messages really do mean the world to me and keep me motivated to constantly make this site even more enjoyable for you all in the future.

***What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?***
To be honest, nothing? I can't say that I've ever received a negative comment (you know, like 'you're ugly', 'fat', 'stupid', etc.) so nothing really discourages me (other than what I mentioned as my biggest challenge, but thankfully I'm over the numbers business!!) here on blogger... fingers crossed it stays that way haha!

***What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?***
A combination of my own passion for makeup and fashion as well as all of the other beautiful blogs and YouTube channels out there. I can't see my beauty obsession fading any time soon (or ever) so that driving force will always be there for me (you know, sharing reviews, products, opinions, etc.) and with all of the inspiringly gorgeous blogs that exist it's hard not to strive to make something just a beautiful but uniquely my own :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed!!
And if you're interested in doing this TAG then consider yourself tagged :D

xoxo - Cassie

18 comments:

  1. It shows that you're really dedicated to quality of posts, and giving concise, fun and good reviews! I'm glad I stumbled across your blog, you're also one of my few favourite people on YT who I actually look forward to watching :) (Hoping that doesn't make me sound like a creepazoid, but you're just very entertaining!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maria, you always leave me such sweet and lovely comments and I truly appreciate your support! <3 And no you don't sound like a creepazoid at all haha! I think we all have those certain people that we get giddy about seeing a new video in our inbox from on YouTube ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you persisted in the beginning even if it can be discouraging not having many followers or readers! I'm sure that this blog will become something you can look back on with pride and a sense of accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I persisted too so thank you!! Your blog is one of the lovely ones that keeps me motivated so it means a lot <3

      Delete
  3. Love this post! So honest, this is why I love you blog

    www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Georgina Clare, you're always so kind to me ^__^

      Delete
  4. I love love sushi and california maki!!!
    You might want to try gyoza too!
    I enjoyed your answers dear:-)

    ❤,
    Riza of Pour L'Instant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, a fellow sushi lover!! And I definitely need to branch out from my usual maki choices... I always intend to try different types of sushi but then when I'm looking over the menu I start salivating over the delicious maki I already know I love haha.
      Either way, thank you so much and I'm glad you enjoyed <3

      Delete
  5. I love posts like this, it's so nice to get to know you better! I really do enjoy your blog, you're hilarious and honest - exactly what a good blogger should be! Also, it's 10am and I'm craving sushis like crazy now...Hmm. I think I know what I'm having for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you so much Andy!! Makes me so happy to have you as a blogger friend ^__^
      And yes, get yourself some yummy sushi for lunch!! I feel like that's never a decision that causes regret haha.

      Delete
  6. I just figured out how to follow you!YEAH GEORGIA! Not to sound like a complete idiot, just was looking at a mobile version all this time, not the regular version, which has all the cute stuff on the side.

    I have no access to yummy sushi (easily accessible) but I do love when we go to Omaha and I can pick up a pack or two from Whole Foods. I always stick with the smoked salmon.

    Glad you stuck with blogging....love it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for figuring out GFC!! Sometimes it's the little things in life :)
      And thank you for always supporting my blog!! I'm so glad you enjoy <3

      Delete
  7. I like your passion for motivation for doing blogging :) I admire that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! I think it's important to have something you're passionate about in life, even something like blogging haha :)

      Delete
  8. you have a nice blog, i do enjoy read your post :)
    you're really dedicated to write something great :)
    feel free to visit mine dear

    www.brigittamonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish that there was an easier or more efficient way (especially for us non-bloggers) to find new blogs than hoping we're lucky enough to stumble across those that will interest us. I found yours on YouTube purely through luck and a mutual love of the ancient art of face painting. ;) I enjoy your blog a great deal. I find it informative, wallet damaging, and very entertaining

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Sandi, it can be really hard to find good bloggers now-a-days! Either way I'm so so happy you stumbled across my YouTube channel/blog and are enjoying it as much as you are; I love seeing you giving my older posts and videos some love haha :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...