Wednesday, November 27, 2013

NOTD: Urban Outfitters "BOHEMIAN SUMMER"


For some reason when I first saw the Illamsqua speckle polishes (stick with me people; I know this is a post about an Urban Outfitters polish but I promise the Illamasqua reference is valid) I was only attracted to the nude beauty "Freckle". The colored versionspink, purple, green, and a blue identical to this onejust didn't interest me in the slightest. Which I suppose, in the long run, I'm perfectly pleased with because it save my wallet a good amount of tears; Illamasqua polishes will set you back a whopping $17 but when you can snag Urban Outfitters polishes on deal for "2 for $8" (which is pretty much always) then you're only spending about a fourth of the Illamasqua price. Bargain!!



I've gushed about my love for Urban Outfitters polishes before but to quickly reiterate: I love pretty much everything from the super-opaque-quick-dry-chip-resistant formula right on down the to the chunky square glass bottle they're housed in. And, as I said before, at a mere four bucks the price tag ain't bad either.

"BOHEMIAN SUMMER" is a beautiful icy blue creme with large hexagonal and tiny round matte navy glitters packed throughout. The polish is nearly opaque in just one coat but adding a second layer allows a bit of the first layer's speckles to peek through and create a depth that's insanely quirky and mesmerizing. I don't own "Fragile" (the blue speckle Illamasqua polish) but judging by pictures and swatches on Google, I feel pretty confident in saying that "BOHEMIAN SUMMER" is a fantastic money-saving dupe. 



 Overall I'm just enamored with this Urban Outfitters polish. I wasn't completely sure about it at first but after a minute of having "BOHEMIAN SUMMER" on my nails I knew I was smitten. The robin's egg pattern and color mimic is truly adorable. 
So don't let the price tags on Urban Outfitters' clothing scare you away from their nail polishes; they're high quality at a low price and I truly can't recommend them enough!!

Have you tried Urban Outfitters' nail polishes?
Love 'em? Hate 'em?
What brand of polish do you think gives you the best bang for your buck?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

11 comments:

  1. When I saw the Illamasqua speckled polishes, I fell in love but I wasn't going to spend that much. This polish looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely snatch this one up then; it's an absolute steal and a wonderful dupe!!

      Delete
  2. As soon as I seen it I was like oooo looks like Illamasqua polishes look so similar. What a great find! Love the base colour of this one too.


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? Hahha. Glad you like it Sarah :)

      Delete
  3. This definitely looks like a convincing dupe for the Illamasqua speckle polishes! I wish these polishes were available here :) Surprising to hear that Urban Outfitters polishes have impressed you - I've never tried them myself but probably wouldn't have had too high expectations of them :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Booooooo you don't have Urban Outfitters in Oz? Well I suppose that's really not the worst thing since even their sale priced items make me/my wallet cry with wants and never-going-to-happens haha. Regardless, yes, their polishes really are phenomenal. I didn't have high hopes for them either but dang they have impressed me thoroughly!! :D

      Delete
  4. I have the illamasqua polish in question, and this is literally identical. Good find, baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yusssss I definitely remember you sending me a picture of it and it's one of things that made me get this polish haha :) I loooooove you babyyyyyy!!!!!

      Delete
  5. This polish looks beautiful, wish we had that store here :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it!! Maybe you can find it on ebay or something? :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...