Saturday, December 15, 2012

ALMAY intense i-color liquid shadow + color primer: Swatches + Review!


Hi everyone!! 
I've got a quick minute here between real life obligations (my eyes are only just starting to de-dilate from the opthamologist this morning, I somehow managed to cook lasagna while half blind and Galileo trying to eat the delicacy that he thinks my toes are, and then I have to pop over to work this evening) so I thought I would share with you a little gem I recently picked up at Target!

It's not perfect but if you're on the lookout for a good eyelid primer you may want to give this one a go.
Take a jump for the usual details! :)



This liquid shadow + color primer comes in four different color selections based on eye color; I picked up the one for green eyes, not because I have green eyes (for the most part, I do) but because it's the only neutral color out of the bunch (and if you know me well enough by now you'll know I'm a sucker [read: putty in your hands] for a good neutral eye).

It's hard to describe the color of this one... it's not a true gold but it's not silver either so I'm just going to call it a sparkling champagne gold. 
Not satisfied?
Look at the swatches below and form your own description:




As you can see in the photos this primer is a bit of a shape shifter. It starts out as a nice, thick primer that adheres well to the skin but then turns a bit thin in consistency the more you sheer it out (which only takes a few swipes). 
I was scared with how thin it got because I figured that meant it would lose all priming capabilities/tack and also because that took away from the functionality of this being a liquid shadow that could be used on it's own.



The above two photos are of just the ALMAY liquid shadow + color primer; so you can see it's not the worst color payoff ever but it's just a tad too sheer for my liking to use on it's own; it really is a pretty color though that would be universally flattering on all eye and skin colors and is a great light base to allow any color eyeshadow to sit on top of.

BUT CASSIE, DOES IT WORK AS A PRIMER!?!???!?
TELLMETELLMETELLMETELLMETELLME!!!!!

 With flash...
...and without flash (and hence the need to make this B&W).

Like I said at the beginning of the post this isn't the perfect eyelid primer but it sure is better than nothing!! I took the above photos after a full day at school and a full night at work (16-ish hours) to really test its performance capabilities.
I only had minimal fading on the inner portion of my lid as well as some minor creasing near the inner corners. 

So there you have it!! 
I can't say I'd recommend this to anyone with incredibly oily lids (I'd say I have light to medium oiling) but for anyone else this may be worth a look :)

Have you tried the ALMAY intense i-color liquid shadow + color primer?
What did you think?
What's your holy grail eyeshadow primer?
Do tell!!

xoxo - Cassie

6 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I've never had an eye primer. I don't know why, I just never thought I needed one...
    But this looks very nice, on its own it's like a very nice glittery eyeshadow and with the eyeshadow it looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah i love the transformation on your eyes! wish i had makeup skills like yours! but oh well, i can't even tidy up my room haha

    cheers from Jakarta,
    Putri Soe
    SUPERNICE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog and great post!! And bet that eye primer looks good on yours!

    PS: We made a Christmas edition DIY tutorial recently. We hope you don't mind to have a visit.

    Follow you now! ;)

    Keep inspiring, sweetheart!

    Love,
    MLU the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marina: I used to think the same thing and then all of a sudden I noticed I had creased eyeshadow... I don't know what happened within the past couple years to cause my lids to get oilier but they did! :( But thank you, I'm glad you like the look :)

    Putri Soe: Thanks so much!! And hehe yeah my apartment can be a mess too even though I spend time on my makeup... my priorities tend to be a bit backwards ;)

    MLU: Aw thank you so much!! And thanks for following my blog *^__^*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lovelovelove all things Almay (I should be a spokesperson for them, I seriously rant every chance I get). Their eyeshadow trios are awesome pigmentation for drugstore brand (they aren't MAC, but hey, they're about $5). I have blue eyes, so my primer was a very sheer soft blue, which if worn alone, would only be a veil of color. But under the Almay eyeshadows, it's awesome. I can't say it made my shadow last longer, simply because the Almay shadow rocks it all day long. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha they really should hire you as a spokesperson!! But I'm glad you liked, I really do love this primer and use it religiously! :) Yet to try their eyeshadows though xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...