Friday, December 7, 2012

Maybelline the Falsies FLARED Mascara: Swatches + Review!!


Long time no blog, people!!
But now that my week of finals (aka week of h*** and sadomasochism [us college students are paying for this torture, after all]) is FINALly (heh) over I've got blog posts planned for this weekend and videos I'm hoping to make in the near future so I'll be around more often :)

So, to start things off I've got a review on the recently famous and hyped Maybelline the Falsies FLARED mascara. How did I feel about it?
Take the jump below, as usual, to find out!!


LKASJDOFMWKEJFLSKASJDFOJOWKDFMLS!!!!!!!
(that is my guttural noise for love that I try never to vocalize)

After the letdown that was Model Co.'s FIBRE LASHXTEND Mascara (you can check out my full review here) I was really motivated to find one that actually worked. And, with all of the hype this Maybelline mascara has been receiving lately (mainly by the beauty community on YouTube), I figured I'd give it a shot.
What can I say, the beating that finals takes on me/my ego tends to make me want to shatter other people's happiness (no worries though, I never act on these emotions as they are situational and irrational haha).

But BOY WAS I WRONG.

I'm not sure if it's the curved shape of the wand, the formula of the mascara itself, or a combination of the two but this mascara lives up to the hype it receives and then some. 
Just check out the photos below for proof!

 Sans mascara...
 ...one coat of the Falsies FLARED on top and bottom lashes...
 ...two coats of the Falsies FLARED on top and bottom lashes.

How fantastic is this mascara!? 
It gives the perfect combination of volume and length without looking TOO scandalous for wear during the day and applies like a dream; no clumping or flaking to speak of.



So there you have it people; if you're in the market for a new mascara that won't break the bank (I got mine for $6.99 at Target) and gives you beautiful length and volume then this is the mascara for you. I couldn't be happier with my Maybelline the Falsies FLARED mascara and hope that it continues to perform in the future (I can't tell you how many times I've fallen in love with a mascara and then purchased another tube only to find that the company has changed the formulation *sob*).

Have you tried Maybelline's the Falsies FLARED mascara?
Love it? Hate it?
What's your favorite drugstore mascara that provides both length and volume?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

11 comments:

  1. I love this too! It's basically the perfect mascara. Great review :) x
    http://britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this looks great on you! I tried this before and I loved it... definitely one of the best drugstore mascaras out there. Cute blog, by the way!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reviewed this mascara too! :D It has grown on me a little more since I've reviewed it..it definitely lengthens, but I find that the mascara gets clumpy really quickly in the tube :(
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mascara's effect on your lashes! I stopped using Maybelline's waterproof mascara though, they tug and break my lashes when I use them. :-( But I'm so glad that you enjoy this product! <3

    Izumi
    The Dollhouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your review was very helpful and informative! i'm thinking about purchasing it myself, you have a lovely blog btw!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great product!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard some great things about this mascara, I really want to try it! xx

    www.ruelalips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan: Yes it really is!! And thank you :)

    Ellie: Thank you so much!! I'm glad you agree and also so glad to have you here on my blog! Makes me so happy you enjoy it :)

    Natalie: Oh no!! I've only had mine the past few days so I hope that it doesn't get clumpy on me like you said D:

    Allison: It really is!

    Izumi: Thank you dear!! And oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that :( Hopefully you have another mascara that does the same wonderful things to your lashes without the horrible tugging and breaking!

    Sara: Aw thanks, I'm so glad!! Definitely give it a try if you're looking for a new mascara :)

    Sophie: It is indeed!

    Marie: You really should!! It's such a wonderful drugstore mascara; one of my absolute favorites that I've ever tried:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard both really good & really bad things about this mascara
    Guess I'll try it since its pretty cheap.
    Hope it looks good on me like it does on you!


    myobsession-l.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Latifa: Aw thanks so much!! Definitely do give it a try... I'll keep my fingers crossed that you love it as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...