Friday, September 28, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow "Iced Latte" & "Endless Pearl": Swatches + Review!!



Up for review today is something that I feel gets a LOT of hype here in the beauty blogosphere/on beauty Youtubeland. I decided to pick up two of the shades since they were BOGO 50% at the time and I felt like these were the two shades that I would wear most often; I'm a sucker for nudes/golds... in eyeshadow and otherwise (mind out of the gutter people!! I'm an artist and figure drawing is one of my specialties, that's all!).

Take the jump to see how I felt about these shadows!!



Iced Latte & Endless Pearl

This was the first time I had ever experienced working with a loose pigment and... well, I can't say that I'm super impressed. Sorry to start out on a sour note but I figure it's better to dash your dreams now than to get your hopes up and violently hack them down in the end.


The one nice thing that L'Oreal did with these loose pigments though is the inclusion of a little stomper; this allows you to "press" the shadow before attempting to apply it to your lids. I think it's also to prevent a complete and utter powdery mess all over your counter when you open these guys up as well. 
Three cheers for nice packaging!!


 Iced Latte

Endless Pearl (snooping kitty nose not included) 

Iced Latte & Endless Pearl

My cat can't handle it when I'm not paying attention to him, as I'm sure you can see from the photos above. Seriously though, look at him!! Galileo looks about as pissed as I imagine the 'original' Galileo (Galilei) felt when the church bellowed "STOP, BLASPHEMA!!" upon hearing his theories:

Hahahah sorry to ignore you babe...

In any case, I can't write these off as being HORRIBLE shadows. They really aren't bad, I'm just not so sure that they're for me. 
"Iced Latte" had to be built up quite a bit for it to appear pigmented on my skin which was really strange, but "Endless Pearl" had no pigmentation issues and is a really nice matte nude shade. However, these are quite soft and easy enough to apply to the lids with a shadow brush so long as you have some sort of a cream base for them to adhere to. Some sort of tissue paper under the eye or plastic shield would also be advised since these have a LOT of fallout during application

"Iced Latte" on the lid & "Endless Pearl" from crease up to the brow bone

So, like said, these aren't the worst shadows on the market. I do think, however, that the price tag is far too high for a product with this much fallout and a lack of pigmentation in some of the shades (I'm sure "Iced Latte" isn't the only one). This is definitely a product that I'm going to have to force myself to use up rather than something I reach for out of giddy beauty nerd bliss.

Have you tried the L'Oreal Infallible eye shadows?
Love 'em? Hate 'em?
Do tell!! As far as I've heard, I'm the only one that doesn't seem to jazzed with these suckers.

xoxo - Cassie



4 comments:

  1. Sandra: It is, so long as you take the time to really work with it and layer it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my cat wont stop until I put some makeup in her! preferable a pink blush!
    its serious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. DonaMari: Haha oh no!! Well at least it'll wash off...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...