Tuesday, July 17, 2012

L'Oreal Voluminous Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara: Review and Swatches

Today's featured product is my new mascara; my old one just wasn't cutting it anymore (I'm not sure if the formula changed or if my lashes somehow became "immune" to the mascara) so, because I have the most luck with L'Oreal mascaras, I decided to pick this baby up!

 L'Oreal Voluminous Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara in Blackest Black, Waterproof


More after the jump!!




I looooooove the packaging of this mascara; the tube is thick and nice to hold (doesn't feel flimsy), plus I really love that they incorporated the blue spotlight from the cardboard package into the top of the plastic tube. For some reason it just looks really pretty!



The brush is also fantastic! It's really thick and has lots of bristles so that you can really work the mascara into each lash.

But how's the actual application?
Take a look:

 No mascara...

 ... one coat...

... two coats.

So there you have it!! I'm pretty darn happy with this mascara. It lengthens and volumizes at the same time which can be hard to come by in a mascara! The second coat went on a bit clumpy (which you can see a little bit) but I have a feeling it's because I let the first coat dry while taking pictures; I tend to apply a second coat while the first is still slightly wet and tacky to avoid clumping like this.
This mascara also wears really well. It doesn't feel hard or crunchy on the lashes and truly is waterproof (I was watching that one episode from the first season of Grey's Anatomy where the man and woman are impaled onto a pole from a train crash and one had to die to save the other one... UGH, I was sobbing shed a few tears)!

It looks like I have a new winner!! 
Only time will tell if I continue to like this mascara though, so I'd love to know what your favorite is (just in case)!

xoxo - Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...