Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Wet n Wild Lipstick Collection: Swatches + Review!


I don't know if it's because my bank account is emptier now-a-days or because I genuinely love these lipsticks (truth be told, it's probably a combination of both) but I seem to gravitating towards my Wet n Wild lipsticks more than others as of late.
Either way it spawned the making of this blog post so let's get into it, shall we?



Now, I know a lot of people hate Wet n Wild lipsticks because of the packaging. And I completely understand that; the product sticks out of the bullet and makes capping the lipstick a hassle, it's made of plastic and looks like plastic, etc.
But really people?
You paid one or two dollars on this lipstick!! Of COURSE the packaging isn't going to be luxe.

Personally I care much more about the actual product (though, I admit, I'm a sucker for a pretty package) when I'm handing the cashier my nickels and dimes and BOY do Wet n Wild lipsticks out-perform their price tag!!

L - R: 902C "Bare It All", 522A "Dark Wine", 509A "Cinnamon"


I had only left the swatches on my hand for a second to go and grab a napkin and look at the stain they already left!! This means that while yes, you are going to have to reapply these lipsticks throughout the day (after meals), they'll leave a nice stain behind if you let them wear off with time.

Also, those swatches are a mere two swipes on the back of my hand so a little bit of product goes a long way with these for full opacity (that's what I call 'bang for your buck' kiddos).

 My lips sans any products

902C "Bare It All"

522A "Dark Wine"

 509A "Cinnamon"

As I'm sure you could tell by the individual packaging, Bare It All is a different line of lipsticks than Dark Wine and CinnamonBare It All is a matte finish while the latter two are more of a cream, though in my opinion neither formula differs in pigmentation or wear-time.
All three of these lipsticks are pretty bad about accentuating any flaky bits on your lips though, so do make sure to exfoliate before application.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else to say about these little guys!!
They really are the cheapest lipsticks I know of and I absolutely love each shade I own for different reasons. Each is soft on the lips, hydrating, and makes a statement depending on the look I'm going for. I really can't recommend these enough if you're looking for a cheap treat :)



Even Galileo was a bit miffed at all the attention I was giving to these lipsticks while photographing them hehe...

Have you tried out Wet n Wild lipsticks before?
Love 'em, hate 'em?
What's your favorite ultra cheap lipstick of choice?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

16 comments:

  1. these look great! i've used nyc makeup before (.99 cent lipstick from walmart! what!) and it was pretty good. i haven't worn much in terms of lipstick lately, (too much hassle, too much making out to do) but you allllmost convince me to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so great on you! Awesome picks, I want to go lipstick shopping now! :)
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try wet-n-wild products so bad this year!

    www.mintyessence.com
    (I currently have a lipstick giveaway running |MAC|Rimmel|Avon)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look gorgeous on you :) Dark Wine is my favourite! I wish it was easier to get hold of wetnwild in the UK, I'd buy half of the stock I swear! haha x

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bethany: Thank you!! And I've been meaning to give NYC more of a try... I absolutely LOVE their nail polishes but have been wanting to give their makeup a go!! Hahahahha cracked me up with that last comment... I suppose us girls have to set our priorities ;)

    Brittney: Thank you so much!! Definitely do; a cheap little shopping adventure in the Wet n Wild section will do a girl some good :)

    mintyessence: Do it!!

    Lauren: Aw, thank you!! And yes, Dark Wine is a favorite of mine as well :) Seems like us US/UK bloggers all make trade-offs when it comes to what we can easily obtain haha... the UK has MUA and the US has Wet n Wild... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I know these get great reviews and I need to go pick some up some day! I love that Bare it All shade since I'm trying to get more into nude lips! And Cinnamon is gorgeous!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh these are lovely colours! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love the W&W eyeshadows but only own one of the lipsticks. Cinnamon and Dark Wine are absolutely incredible! I need to pick these up asap! Thanks for the swatches x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right about the packaging, it's one of them annoying ones! Dark wine looks amazing on your lips!
    Hi Galileo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie: Definitely run out and buy yourself some of these!! Especially Bare It All if you're into nudes; it's so creamy and such a lovely color (and not drying at all!!)! :)

    Eleanor: Thank you, I think so too!

    Emm: Aw thanks :3

    Ampersaand: Wet n Wild really makes some great products for cheap (I love their eyeshadows as well!!)! And you're so welcome, I hope you're able to grab yourself some of these soon :)

    Marina Blissious: Yup the packaging really is annoying but like said I care much more about the product when I'm only spending a dollar haha! But thank you, and I'll say hi to Galileo for you :)

    Hola Bambi: Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really gorgeous colours, I may have to buy one and test it out! you have a very cute cat ^_^ x

    http://zigandzagbloguk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think cinnamon is my favorite !

    I never tried Wet n Wild make up products but I always wanted to give it a try! :D

    Your cat is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah they are so gorgeous! I've never tried anything from wet n wild :( but these look fabulous!
    Gem x | MissMakeupMagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claire Tyler: Thanks so much and definitely check these out the next time you get the chance!!

    FAMED IN FASHION: Thank you and go for it!! Not much to lose other than a dollar or two :)

    Gem: Thank you so much... I hope you get yourself some one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...