Friday, January 25, 2013

the Balm "HOT MAMA!" Blush: Swatches + Review!!


I got this little sample of the Balm's HOT MAMA! in my December Birchbox and, to my now self-loathing, wrote it off pretty quickly as something that "I just [wasn't] sure [if] it'[d] work out on my skin coloring" (ahhh, don't you just love quoting yourself/your own idiocy?).

UGHHHHHH.
I was an absolute idiot for putting off this blush for so long. 

This blush is everything. EVERYTHING. 
Take the jump below to see why!!



HOT MAMA! is your classic peach blush with a golden sheen. It's buttery soft, finely milled, and basically just perfect in every way shape and form; cute packaging, dreamy formula, and color payoff that you wouldn't believe until you try it out for yourself. 

This blush gives your cheeks that absolute perfect hint of peachy color while also acting as a highlighter when your cheekbones hit the light just right. It's not over-powering, it's subtle, and basically makes you look like you were born with cheeks that tempt strangers to pinch/kiss them.




Look'it that. JUST LOOK AT THAT.
Feel free to virtually pinch my cheeks through the interweb all you want.

I think I have to give this blush a status of 'Holy Grail'; this is big news people!! I'm always switching things up and only have a couple of products that I swear by so to call this a HG blush should mean a lot... 
well, at least it does to me.

Have you tried the Balm's HOT MAMA! blush?
Love it? Hate it (I'm weeping at the thought...)?
What's your favorite (or even HG status) blush?
Do share!

xoxo - Cassie

30 comments:

  1. I thought this was benefit! I might have to see if I can find this somewhere, it looks amazing and I am a sucker for peachy blushes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know haha, this is definitely the Balm though the two companies have very similar packaging aesthetics so I could see how you'd mix them up :) And definitely try to get your hands on this, it's absolutely stunning!!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! I've heard such great things about the Balm blushers, really need to get my hands on one! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine and definitely do; you won't be disappointed! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely blusher :) Looks really nice on you xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous color for you! I got this in my Birchbox last month, and I've enjoyed it as well! the Balm cosmetics is just one of the greatest brands I've ever used, especially for eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynette Marie!! I'm glad to hear you love this as well! I've honestly never used any of their products before but this has me wanting more :)

      Delete
  5. This looks like a nice blusher.

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty, I love the balm, specially mary lou manizer hightlighter!!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try the Mary Lou Manizer for aaaaaages!! Now that I know what the Balm's products are like I just might have to indulge one of these days :D

      Delete
  7. Oh, it really looks nice on you!!



    Yellow Blog [design]
    http://yellowblog.storenvy.com
    - Get 10% OFF by using the code "valentines2013"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Take a look at my blog to see what its about and take part. :)

    http://kimbo95x.blogspot.co.uk/

    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Kim!! I really appreciate it and will check it out when I have time :)

      Delete
  9. Nice you got the blush. It's really pretty I happened to get the highlighter. It also works really well and the picture is of a lady taking a mug shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah lucky!! I have wanted to try out the Balm's Mary Lou Manizer for THE longest time!! One of these days I'll hopefully get to try it/but it :)

      Delete
  10. Looks perfect and very natural on you! Reminds me a bit of Benefit Sugarbomb (which I just blogged about), but a touch pinkier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I saw your post on Sugarbomb and I agree; Sugarbomb looked perfect on your skin but I don't think it would look as lovely on me though :)

      Delete
  11. it looks so good on your skin!! x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And thank you for following my blog :)

      Delete
  12. No I haven't but it makes me wish I did get birchboxes! Ugh it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are tempting, aren't they!! I love getting my monthly box in the mail to find little gems like this one :) And thanks so much for following my blog!!

      Delete
  13. This looks beautiful on you! Hearing such good things about theBalm. Really want to try the nude tude palette and a couple of blushes! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Lauren!! It really is a beautiful blush and has made me want to give other products of theBalm's a go (I've always been curious but unsure!!) as well :)

      Delete
  14. Cute packaging x

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your review helped me take the decision which one to buy...Frat Boy or Hot Mama...today I'll order Hot Mama from Amazon.uk :). Thanks!

    http://www.beautybellenotes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I'm so glad!! I hope you love it as much as I do :)

      Delete
  16. I'm about to get this hehe. Now, SOLD!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...