Tuesday, January 29, 2013

NOTD: Revlon Colorstay 'French Roast'


I feel really bad posting this right after my not-so-great (though apparently hilarious [y'all flatter me]) Revlon Colorstay Foundation review but... well, it is what it is, such is life, etcetera etcetera, so on and so forth.
And, to be honest, this isn't a BAD review of this polish; it just wasn't what I was expecting so it's not going to be as enthusiastic as my typical polish posts!




French Roast had me at "oh hey" (when do I ever say 'hello'?).
The Revlon Colorstay line of polishes is one of my favorite drugstore formulations and the little multicolored (think funfetti) sparkles were the hug turned heart squeezer (lil' tease) for me (and my credit card).


And while the polish itself is as wonderful as its Colorstay polish brethren in formula, the polish itself really was, as I said above, a tease. Even the macro shot above is a teaser since, in real life, you can't see the beautiful sparkles at ALL on the nails.
**SOB SESSION**
Aside from that, this is a beautiful brown polish very reminiscent of a Hershey's chocolate bar.
I was just sad since I already own a Hershey brown polish so now I've basically got two of the same color lying around on my nail polish shelf; I wish the glittery goodness showed up on my nails to justify this purchase!!

Have you tried Revlon's 'French Roast'?
Were you as disappointed as I was with the tease-tastic glitter (or did I just get a dud)?
What's your favorite color in the Revlon Colorstay polish line?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

15 comments:

  1. Lovely nails! Today I saw this exact local-alike of you and she wore identical glasses and I was like is that Cassie, is it her? *end of the weird story*
    Love your posts! x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh my gosh, really????? I wish I could have said that that may have been me but I've been at home all day haha :p If you ever do see me in person though I hope you say hello!!

      Delete
  2. These look really nice it's a shame the glitter doesn't show up more clearly.. maybe salvage it by going over it with a glittery top coat? x

    http://lucyandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's definitely what I'll have to do... it's such a shame though, like you said!!

      Delete
  3. I love the name. Coffee! Yum!
    Hershey...Yum!
    It's a shame you can't see the glitters though, it really would add a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sounds delicious, huh? And I agree, the little glitters would have been such a unique and lovely (and yummy) touch :(

      Delete
  4. Such a shame that the sparklies disappear. It's gorgeous anyways xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah thank you Coco!! It really is a shame... I would have loved it if I didn't already have a brow that's almost this exact same color!!

      Delete
  5. I hate it when you can't see the sparkle/glitter when that's what sold you on it :( it's still lovely :)) xx
    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a sad sad thing? But thank you, I think browns like this are lovely on the nails too :)

      Delete
  6. Aw thank you I'm so glad you like my blog!! I'll definitely give yours a looking at :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice and elegant color for the nails.

    Please check my blog also:
    beauty care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo I have been hunting for a Brown nail varnish... i didn't realise how had they were to come by! I love the glitter in it too! I am off to Boots tomorrow, yay! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyyyy I hope you love it!! Hopefully you won't be too disappointed in the bad glitter pay-off but it really is a gorgeous shade of chocolate brown if you're on the hunt for one :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...