Thursday, January 31, 2013

NYX Glam Shadow Stick 'Pink Ruby': Swatches + Review!!


I mentioned this as one of my top beauty products of January so I figured I should probably do a proper blog post about it as well!!

Take the jump below if you want all of the dreamy (dirty? You wish) details :)



Like I said in the aforementioned video I had absolutely no idea what I was going to use this puppy for but it was obvious that I had to have it. 
Pink Ruby is such a gorgeous shade of of blushing yellow-gold with an overlay of reflective, almost pearlescent, shimmer flecks. I can imagine this would look lovely on most skin tones though you may want to swatch it at an ULTA to be sure (and to check if there are any other Glam Shadow Sticks you want to pick up... there are so many gorgeous colors available!).


Oh, and unlike many other swivel products, the NYX Glam Shadow Sticks don't jip you on price or product; these fill up the whole of tube they're housed in so you can be sure this is going to last you months (years? A lifetime? Hmmmm...).



Try and tell me that isn't beautiful as a solid bold streak or as a hint of fading shimmer;
I won't believe you.

Then I'll tell you to look at what it does for tired/naked (what a sad combo) eyes without any other sort of eye makeup:



IT IS SO GOSH DARN PRETTY IN THE INNER CORNER/INNER LOWER LASH LINE AND HAS ENABLED ME TO BECOME SO LAZY WITH MY EYE MAKEUP.

Hallelujah for an extra five minutes in bed in the morning.

I really am just so thrilled with this product; the NYX Glam Shadow Stick in 'Pink Ruby' is creamy, long lasting (all day!), and packs a punch without simultaneously slapping your wallet and bruising your bank statement.

Have you tried any of the NYX Glam Shadow Sticks?
Love 'em? Hate 'em?
What's your favorite eyeshadow that packs a visual punch?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

26 comments:

  1. this looks like a handy cream stick such a pretty color

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really wakes up your whole face!Very pretty! I think I'll pick it up for all-nighters! love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it do a fantastic job!??!? Absolutely grab yourself one of these, it'll do wonders for those all-nighter eyes :)

      Delete
  3. Loving this! They're like the Laura Mercier Caviar sticks but a butt load cheaper! And honestly the only appeal of the Laura Mercier shadow sticks is that they gold them caviar, haha! This is really pretty and I'm gonna check this out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I know sometimes a product name and brand can make you want to justify the price of a product... thankfully you don't have to worry about that with this NYX product!! Definitely go and check these out for yourself, I bet it would look gorgeous on you >3<

      Delete
  4. Gosh this does look really pretty xx Have just come across your blog its fab xxx
    Im having International giveaway over at my blog xx The winner will receive a nars edie giftset xx Ive included the link incase you want to check it out xxx
    http://lipstick-fridays.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/nars-1200-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much I'm so happy you like my blog!! I'm glad to have you here :)

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely shade and it looks so great on! I definitely want to try some NYX products :) x

    www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and definitely do!! NYX makes some real gems :)

      Delete
  6. Nyx actually has some really great products! I've recently tried out their stuff and love their lipstick collection.

    XX
    www.wolfandchildblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do!! I have yet to try their lipsticks (I just have way too many already to justify a purchase...) but would really love to! :)

      Delete
  7. This is really pretty!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen this product!!! It must be new :0

    You're right. It's absolutely gorgeous on the inner corner :)

    xx Steph // fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly not sure when these launched but I'm glad you think it's pretty too!! :)

      Delete
  9. Looks great, have a similar stick too but never applied it on the inner eyelid...think I am gonna do it right now!! :) Your eyes are amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay I'm happy to have inspired you!! I'm sure it looked gorgeous >3< And thank you so much, you're too sweet!!

      Delete
  10. I've heard lots of good things about this brand, yet to try anything out!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give some of their stuff a try!! They've got some real gem products (like this, their eyebrow marker, etc).

      Delete
  11. This is such a pretty and unique colour - it looks gorgeous on you! x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I think it's really pretty and unique as well!! :)

      Delete
  12. Do you think the color lasts long? Anyways it is called pink ruby but i think the color is like a gold.. Thanks for your great review anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes absolutely the color lasts all day :) And the color definitely shows up as a gold but has a slight pink hue to it as well. You're very welcome!

      Delete
  13. Glad to hear you like it. I almost picked up a couple last time I went to Ulta but people been wrecking and swatching them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's so sad and disappointing to hear!! I hate it when people have to go and ruin things for others :(

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...