Wednesday, June 20, 2012

OOTD, Small Haul, & Short Babble


Yesterday was bittersweet; I spent the afternoon with Dana (showing her my favorite Goodwill, stopping at the Bath & BodyWorks sale, and getting the best ice cream the area has to offer) and then had dinner with another of my best friends Katie before she headed to New York to start her new life.

Take the jump to read and see more!




Blouse - Goodwill
Belt - Goodwill
Embroidered Denim Skirt - Forever21
Woven Loafers (not pictured) - Goodwill
Necklace - H&M

I thought I'd take some shots between downtime reading outside in the hazy humid heat of what I wore and also what I hauled!! 
It wasn't much, but I'm very happy with what I purchased.


I saw these butterfly and moth rings in a local boutique, but with a price tag of $24 I knew a D.I.Y. was in order; all they are are two small double-sided prints of a butterfly (your choice - be creative!) on cardstock, then hot glued onto a cheap silver ring that you can purchase at any craft store. Fold the top butterfly's wings up halfway and you have an adorable ring that cost you practically nothing!
Very whimsical for the summer months. 


Chunky Tassel Sweater - Goodwill

It was really difficult for me to cough up seven bucks for this sweater (especially since it was $1.49 sale day on green tags and this was sadly a blue tag) but I just couldn't leave it behind. I mentioned in one of my videos that I was on the look-out for a Shan Yu-esque cloak and I'm happy to report that I think I found it haha!! While this isn't an exact dupe or anything, I think it's very similar with the V-pattern on the front and also with the wooden beaded tassels adorning the V. 
I can't wait to wear this once fall rolls around!!


And here's what I hauled from the Bath & BodyWorks sale... such great deals!! 
The "Tropical Papaya" hand soap smells amAzing and I can't wait to place it in my apartment's bathroom. At $3 it was just too good to not grab!!
I also "splurged" on two candles; these things are HEFTY and on sale for $9.75 a piece. They are three-wicked beauties and are going to make my apartment smell fantastic. The scents I chose were "Pineapple Orchid" and "Passion Flower", both being a nice blend of fruity floral but not sickeningly or cloyingly so.

The real darling of the sale though was this clip on strawberry for your car (or closet, or any other space you want to smell delicious):


It was only $3 and made my car smell fanTAStic just minutes after opening the scent packet it holds (this one came with Sweet Pea which has been one of my favorite Bath & BodyWorks scents since high school); you can also see in the collective photo that I got a scent refill, but in the "Pineapple Orchid" scent (because yes, I loved the scent of the candle so much that I want my car and apartment to smell the same).

So that's it!! 
Have you checked out the Bath & BodyWorks sale? 
Anything else I should pick up before it's over?
How about any other cheap summer D.I.Y.'s?
I'd love to hear!

xoxo - Cassie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...